Now that you have finally made the decision to sell your Pasadena area, you no doubt have plenty of questions. When you are trying to arrange for a quick sale, one of the most important things you can do is set the initial offering price at the right point.
A good and reputable Pasadena area realtor can help you develop a wide range of sales tools intended to provide maximum exposure for your home. One of the biggest problems facing today’s buyers is the incredible amount of information available designed to let them search for homes in their price range very quickly. One thing you can count on is the fact that no one wants to spend any more on their next home than they have to.
As busy as the Pasadena home market is, it won’t take long to find out if you have set the initial asking price for your home too high, even though there are plenty of buyers and not so many listings. One of the first ways you will find out if you have set the price too high is when you don’t receive very many calls for showings.
Here are some simple guidelines that can help you set the selling price on your Pasadena home at the right level to help sell it quickly:
- Assemble a list that shows your home’s most desirable features, including neighborhood, local amenities, any recent improvements, square footage, view, the size of your property, etc.
- Take a look at a list of homes in your neighborhood that have sold recently. You should go back approximately 6 months. This will help you to set your asking price more accurately.
- Take a look at current listings for similar homes in your area and their asking prices.
- Get a listing of original asking prices and final selling prices for comparison.
- Get a current listing of homes on the market in your neighborhood.
- Put together a list of your financial needs, including closing costs, commissions, any repairs you will need to make, etc.
Although these are just a few ideas to help you determine the best-selling price for your Pasadena home and to help it sell more quickly, the most important thing to keep in mind is that you need to set the initial asking price in the right range from the start. No matter how nice your home is, what improvements you have made, or how many potential buyers you show it too, the best way to sell your home quickly is to price it right from the start.
Your Pasadena realtor can help you with all of the above and will work with you to ensure you set the initial asking price at the right level to ensure a rapid sale, while at the same time ensuring you get what you need to out of the sale.